Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mr. "Have fun having no fun."

Against my better judgment I went out with a man who was recently separated. When you get to be in your thirties and are dating, men and women alike are likely going to come with some type of baggage. Whether that be children, divorce, bankruptcy...hell in this economy some men are living in mom and dad's basement! So I try to be open minded and not follow such a rigid list. (Note to self: stick with the list!)

I met Mr. "Have fun having no fun" at Dave & Buster's on a Friday night. He was a good looking guy, a man's man which I find attractive. We talked a bit before shooting pool and he had JUST moved out of his wife's house and into his own apartment. I thought this may be too fresh of a wound for me to be getting myself into. But again, I try to be open minded.

We got a pool table and he started texting as I'm shooting pool. Now I expect, shit I want, the man I'm out on a date with to take a peek at my ass when I'm bent over the pool table taking a shot or at least trying to get a view of my cleavage. I certainly, under no circumstances, want him texting. Needless to say his texting was a turn off to me and it signaled that he wasn't interested. As we shot pool, or should I say as I watched him shoot pool because I may have taken three shots, he continued to text. I decided instead of wasting any more of our time to wrap up the date and call it a night. He obviously needed or wanted to be somewhere else.

He walked me to my car and we gave the standard hug and peck on the cheek goodbye. He said he'd like to see me again but I wasn't going to place any bets on whether I would hear from him again. Plus I didn't really care to see him again.

I guess a week went by, maybe a little more, and I received an email from him. He explained that he and his wife were talking about reconciling and that's why he hadn't been in touch. He wasn't sure where things were headed with the two of them but wanted to know if I was interested in having some "fun" with him. Now the term fun can be taken numerous ways. In fact the definition of fun is "enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure." So hell yeah who doesn't like to have some fun?

I wrote back asking what type of fun was he referring to. Light hearted pleasure maybe? Friends with benefits? It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what type of fun he was looking for, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting his email. No misinterpretation taken, he was indeed looking for a FWB. I replied "Yeah, that would be a negative. I'm not in the market for a FWB."

He replied to my reply with anger. The response went a little something like this:

"No wonder why men lie to women, you need to hear the lie in order for us to get what we want. At least I was honest with you about what I was looking for. Have fun having no fun."

Remember this man is reconciling, talking, reconnecting, whatever you want to call it with his wife and is emailing me for sex. Man I wonder how much fun she is having with a man like him!


3 comments:

  1. I can so relate on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're talking about my ex!!!!!

      Delete