Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mr. "DC"


For those who read my blog, you may remember my one post about my good friend Sarah. She is the eternal optimist when it comes to love and is always on the lookout for a good man for me. Well she introduced me to Mr. "DC" who was attractive, had a good job, owned a home AND a car and was actually quite the gentleman. I ask all you single ladies out there, how often does a guy like this come around these days? I thought I hit the jackpot with this one!

DC, as he has been coined, was a great dater too! Took me to Fogo de Chao, Peddler's Village, Spamps in Conshy and 99% of the time HE planned the date and paid. Ding ding ding...winner!!! Everything was going well and we had been dating for about six weeks when I had a dinner party to go to. My friend was hosting a sit down 30th birthday party for her boyfriend at restaurant in West Chester and told me to bring a date. So I asked DC if he'd like to come with me to which he replied yes.

While DC and I were dating, his company had started requiring him to go work in Washington DC two to three days a week. So Monday through Wednesday he worked in DC and the dinner party was on Friday. Things with DC started to feel a bit off the week of the dinner party. He was distant, not really reaching out to me much. I just blew it off and figured we could talk about it Friday after dinner and if at that time he wasn't interested anymore we could just go our separate ways.

Friday rolled around and that afternoon he sent me a text telling me he was still stuck in DC but would be at my place in Conshy by 6:30 so we could make the 7pm dinner. That was a 3pm. By 6pm I hadn't heard a peep from him so I messaged him and asked how close he was. His response was he was trapped in a conference room and that the company had just laid off a bunch of people. He even said how sad it was because it was Christmas time and what a bad time of year to lose your job. So I said "You're still in DC?" and he said "Yes." Ok, you're trying to tell me he didn’t have five seconds to text me and let me know he wasn't going to make dinner?!?!

I went to dinner and since my friend had already paid per head I decided to eat DC's apps and dessert. Come on, I was having a bad night and food was my only friend!

The next day I went to the Army/Navy game which was a welcomed distraction since I hadn't heard from DC at all. When I got home from the game I signed on to Facebook and went to DC's page (we were FB friends). Ok, get this, that piece of shit put on his status THURSDAY how happy he was to be home. I'm not one to stalk a guy’s FB page that I'm dating so I had no clue whatsoever that he had been in NJ the entire time.

I didn't do what I wanted to which was slam him all over his FB page. I simply deleted him and told all my friends about his small stinky balls. If he hadn't have stood me up that would have made it to the grave with me. So he goes by two nicknames, DC and Stinky Balls. I mean that shit was pungent!

2 comments:

  1. How can he have "stinky balls" when he has "no balls at all!?!" Jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoy your stories Val!!!Keep me entertained pleeezzze!Love ya Pate

    ReplyDelete